POSITION: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR (EXTRUSION)
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Production Supervisor will lead plastic profile extrusion operations for Hyperlight Energy’s patented, core product, a low-cost solar support structure. In addition to leading the extrusion operations, the production supervisor will manage the Hyperlight warehouse.
The successful Production Supervisor will have strong personal accountability for results, a commitment to teamwork in support of the company’s success, adherence to ethical business practices, and be comfortable within a dynamic operating environment with an ability to prioritize and drive actions to closure.
• Ensure on-budget, on-schedule, on-spec production of the company’s core technology in a performance-oriented culture among a group of diverse and talented individuals.
• Execute start up, operating, and shut down procedures for the extrusion line.
• Directly supervise machine operators and post processing personnel and operations.
• Monitor, manage, and document performance of the extrusion line equipment.
• Coordinate with management and engineering staff to meet production requirements.
• Manage or perform routine maintenance and cleaning on extrusion line equipment.
• Oversee general shop clean up and related good housekeeping duties.
• Operate forklift and material handling equipment.
• Assist in shipping and receiving operations for production facility.
• Provide feedback on operations improvement and safety concerns.
• Maintain strong communications with management staff to meet production and project goals.
• Attend production meetings and provide reporting on all assigned projects.
• Participate in the deployment and testing of designed systems and projects as needed.
• 5 years of supervisory experience operating plastic extrusion lines.
• 10 years of plastic extrusion experience (PVC / HDPE).
• High school diploma or equivalent. Associates or Bachelors degree a strong positive.
• Mechanical or construction background, ability to build or fix equipment.
• Technical or military training with operating and maintenance experience.
• Ability to lift items up to 80 lbs.
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment.
• Good communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
• High sense of urgency.
• Competitive salary based on experience.
• Health package available.
To be considered for this position, submit a resume / work experience to email@example.com.
Headquartered in Lakeside, CA, Hyperlight is revolutionizing the global Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) market by providing breakthrough, low-cost CSP systems to produce process heat for industrial clients. To find out more, visit hyperlightenergy.com.